Thursday, February 15, 2007

I am job!


I am pleased to announce that I am now the proud owner of a teaching position with the Greenbush organization.

The specific program is called 500 Reach, which partners with the Kansas City, KS, school district. My students are adults who initially did not finish high school, but are now returning to pursue their high school diplomas.

My work will include tutoring individual students as they take a variety of computer-based courses, tracking student progress, assigning appropriate lessons and homework, restructuring the 500 Reach writing program and doing writing workshops with students, and best of all?

No more grading papers at basketball games! Now there's something to cheer about!

In order to help each student, I'll have to brush up on my Chemistry, my Algebra II, and my Shakespeare, for that matter.

This job is a serious, specific answer to prayer. I am overwhelmed at the way the Lord allows us to come to a place of desperation...

(exhibit A: Me thinking it would be fun to have a baby, because I was getting bored at home)

so we will recognize our need for His providence and grace. Why do I forget to remember the promises of Philippians 4 ? "And my God will meet all your needs according to his glorious riches in Christ Jesus."

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations, Sarah! I have no doubts that you will give this new opportunity your prayerful best, and both you and your students will be blessed through the interaction. Yet another school system has just found themselves a tremendous bargain!

jodi said...

look !!! i'm reading your blog!! i'm excited for your new job.. and so thankful i could see you today... i guess that's a little selfish.. but it was so good to be able to stop by, even if it was just for the afternoon! enjoy the last week of leisure :)

Anonymous said...

Congrats Sarah!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for hanging with my peeps? I think Snow Creek was the only hill with any snow on it in Kansas City. Great fun!

Enjoy your purple gift & Congrats on being the new proud owner of a job!!!!!!

Shar

Anonymous said...

Congrats Sarah!